We wish you could visit us in our store to pick up your order in person. But we know that's not always possible, so we rely on planes, trains and automobiles to bring you your order.
When you place your order, you will get a confirmation email. Once the order is received it will be packed and ready for shipment within 0-3 business days, and at that point you will receive an email with tracking information.
We can only ship Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Items will be shipped as soon as possible after the order is received.
Some larger items may be overweight and will have higher shipping fees.
Click N' Pick
If you are in the Kootenays, or if you are buying a gift for someone near our stores in Nelson and Rossland, BC, we offer an in-store pickup option free of charge. Choose "Pick Up In Store" for the appropriate location in the shipping options, indicate the recipient in the order notes and we will hold the item until they can pick it up.
Due to the nature of the online order system, orders that contain items from both our locations may not display availability for In Store Pickup. If this occurs, choose a regular shipping option and leave a note on the order indicating which location you would like to pick up at. We will refund the shipping amount and notify you when your order is ready at the specified pick up location.
If the item ordered is only in stock at one location, it will not allow pickup from another location. In this case, just choose the available option, and add a note indicating which location you would like to pick up at. We will notify you when your order is ready at the specified pick up location.
We offer $15 shipping anywhere in Canada, excluding heavy or bulky items which may incur extra charges. Heavy orders are $25 and extra-heavy orders are $35-50, depending on the item. (Some of our items are incredibly large and/or heavy, and these have to be dealt with on a case by case basis.)
INTERNATIONAL TAXES AND CUSTOMS:
- Turn-around times can be incredibly quick (the elves in the back room are very efficient), so if you need to make any changes please do not delay in contacting us!
- We will strive to get your order to you as quickly and efficiently as possible. We are, (as you might have guessed from the name!) located in a mountainous, remote area, so shipping times may be slightly higher than from outlets that are in urban centres.
- We are a green, eco-conscious company, so we re-use our boxes. Do not fear if you receive a box that has the name of something you did not order. It’s just us recycling.
At Mountain Baby, we take pride in only selling high-quality, well-made products to help you and your family achieve the goals of being active, being in nature, and being together. If you have an item for return, please contact us to receive a Return Authorization Number.
All sales final on discounted items.
The following policies apply to all returns:
- Sales items are not returnable
- Items must be returned within 30 days of receiving.
- All products must have all original tags/packaging as well as any warranty cards.
- The item must be unused and in mint condition.
- Unless we made the mistake (or there is a manufacturer’s defect), the customer is responsible for all shipping & handling charges related to the return.
- In the rare occurrence where we send the wrong product/colour, wrong quantity, or make another big boo-boo, we will gladly cover shipping costs ourselves (& promise to never do it again!)
How to Return an Item:
To return or exchange an item, contact us to receive an authorization number, then package your return as compactly & securely as possible (with all tags!) and send to:
636 Baker Street
Nelson BC Canada
IN CANADA: Please send all returns via INSURED, prepaid, regular parcel post (Canada Post).
FROM THE US: All returns from the US, MUST be sent via USPS. We will be unable to accept any returns sent through other carriers. Please send all returns from the US via INSURED surface mail. IMPORTANT: Be sure to write on the shipping label "Returned Defective Item". Thanks!
INTERNATIONAL: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns and we will inform you of the best procedure for returns from your country.
Notes for All Returns from Everywhere:
- Insuring your return allows you to track your parcel online. We cannot be responsible for uninsured returns.
- We cannot accept CODs or courier deliveries (including UPS, Fedex, etc.) as all courier companies charge brokerage and duty fees.
- For exchanges, we suggest you order a replacement as quickly as possible to ensure availability. We will refund your returned item as soon as we receive it.
REALLY IMPORTANT SIZING INFORMATION
To minimize returns, please read sizing charts very carefully. We have endeavoured to provide you with as much guidance as possible in choosing the right size. In general, with children’s wear, it is better to err on the side of “a little too big”, as children are constantly growing. Remember also that you want seasonal wear to last the whole season in terms of sizing. In terms of quality, all of our products are made to last and to be used over the years by several children.
If you have any questions about our Return Policy or Sizing Information, please call us at 1-888-990-2292 or email us at email@example.com, and one of us would love to help you out.