Book - The Busy Beaver
We wish you could visit us in our store to pick up your order in person. But we know that's not always possible, so we rely on planes, trains and automobiles to bring you your order.
When you place your order, you will get a confirmation email. Once the order is received it will be packed and ready for shipment within 1-3 business days, and at that point you will receive an email with tracking information. Carrier estimated shipping times (UPS, Canada Post, etc) are in addition to the handling time. We are in a remote location and so the carrier-estimated delivery times are not always accurate.
We can only ship Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Items will be shipped as soon as possible after the order is received.
Some larger items may be overweight and will have higher shipping fees.
Click N' Pick
If you are in the Kootenays, or if you are buying a gift for someone near our stores in Nelson and Rossland, BC, we offer an in-store pickup option free of charge. Choose "Pick Up In Store" for the appropriate location in the shipping options, indicate the recipient in the order notes and we will hold the item until they can pick it up.
ORDERS MAY NOT DISPLAY AVAILABILITY FOR IN STORE PICKUP AT DELICIOUS BABY IN ROSSLAND. IF THIS OCCURS, CHOOSE THE NELSON OPTION AND LEAVE A NOTE ON THE ORDER INDICATING WHICH LOCATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO PICK UP AT.
We offer $15 shipping anywhere in Canada, excluding heavy or bulky items which may incur extra charges. Heavy orders are $25 and extra-heavy orders are $35-50, depending on the item. (Some of our items are incredibly large and/or heavy, and these have to be dealt with on a case by case basis.)
INTERNATIONAL TAXES AND CUSTOMS:
- Turn-around times can be incredibly quick (the elves in the back room are very efficient), so if you need to make any changes please do not delay in contacting us!
- We will strive to get your order to you as quickly and efficiently as possible. We are, (as you might have guessed from the name!) located in a mountainous, remote area, so shipping times may be slightly higher than from outlets that are in urban centres.
- We are a green, eco-conscious company, so we re-use our boxes. Do not fear if you receive a box that has the name of something you did not order. It’s just us recycling.
At Mountain Baby, we take pride in only selling high-quality, well-made products to help you and your family achieve the goals of being active, being in nature, and being together. If you have an item for return, please contact us to receive a Return Authorization Number.
The following policies apply to all returns:
- Regular priced items must be returned within 21 days of receiving.
- All products must have all original tags still attached and original packaging as well as any warranty cards.
- The item must be unused, unworn, and in mint condition.
- The customer is responsible for all shipping & handling charges related to the return. No exceptions.
- In the rare occurrence where we send the wrong product/colour or wrong quantity you must return the item to us but we will gladly cover shipping costs ourselves.
- All sale items are FINAL SALE! They are non-refundable.
How to Return/Exchange an Item:
We do not do exchanges directly but you can mail back your item for a full refund and place a new order for a different item.
To RETURN an item, contact us to receive an authorization number, then package your return as compactly & securely as possible (with all tags!) and send to:
636 Baker Street
Nelson BC Canada
IN CANADA: Please send all returns via INSURED, prepaid, regular parcel post (Canada Post).
FROM THE US: All returns from the US, MUST be sent via USPS.
We will be unable to accept any returns sent through other carriers, COD shipments.
Please send all returns from the US via INSURED surface mail.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to indicate on customs forms that you are returning a defective item. Write your order number and "Returned Defective Item" on the shipping label.
INTERNATIONAL: Please email us at email@example.com with your concerns and we will inform you of the best procedure for returns from your country.
Notes for All Returns from Everywhere:
- Insuring your return allows you to track your parcel online. We cannot be responsible for uninsured returns.
- We cannot accept CODs or courier deliveries (including UPS, Fedex, etc.) as all courier companies charge brokerage and duty fees.
- For exchanges, we suggest you order a replacement as quickly as possible to ensure availability. We will refund your returned item as soon as we receive it. You are responsible for your own shipping costs.
Incorrect Address on Orders
It is the customers responsibility to provide the correct shipping address for their orders. If packages are sent back to us due to the incorrect address being provided we will need to reship your package with the correct address and another shipping fee will be incurred.
REALLY IMPORTANT SIZING INFORMATION
To minimize returns, please read sizing charts very carefully. We have endeavoured to provide you with as much guidance as possible in choosing the right size. In general, with children’s wear, it is better to err on the side of “a little too big”, as children are constantly growing. Remember also that you want seasonal wear to last the whole season in terms of sizing. In terms of quality, all of our products are made to last and to be used over the years by several children.
In the unfortunate event that your item has a manufacturer's defect or an issue with its construction or assembly, you have 2 options for warranty claims:
- If the item was purchased within 30 days, contact us with a description and photos that show the problem. If the issue is covered by the manufacturers warranty we will issue a replacement item or a store credit. This is handled on a case-by-case basis, replacement items may not be available, and additional shipping costs may be incurred.
- If the issue develops outside of the 30 day window, you will need to contact the company or brand that produces the item. Many of the companies we carry offer extended warranties, but require direct contact from the customer.
And of course, if you have any questions about our Return or Warranty Policies or Sizing Information, please call us at 1-250-352-1789 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of us would love to help you out.